As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you regularly cook ribs, steaks, or pork but continuously find yourself worried about whether your meat is cooked correctly or not, then you should consider getting yourself a meat thermometer wireless.
People tend to underestimate the importance of monitoring the temperature of the meat during roasting or grilling, or they ignore it altogether. Some people determine whether the meat is ready or not by the aroma of it, some by just feeling it, whereas some people just go by their instincts. However, relying on your olfactory senses or your gut feel, when it comes to meat cooking, can be dangerous. Ogling the steak won’t help either.
If we want to tell the truth, a few degrees here and there can make or mar your dish. An undercooked or overcooked rack of lamb served to your family or guests can spoil the mood of the occasion. A wireless thermometer can save you from this embarrassment and will ensure that your steak is cooked to perfection.
We decided to do a thermometer review of a few food thermometers to help you choose the correct one from the plethora of thermometers available in the market. We specifically focussed our review on the wireless Meater app thermometer as they seem to be everywhere nowadays. However, while we do the thermometer review of some of these so-called “wireless” digital thermometers, we found that they are not genuinely wireless Meat but rely on a transmitter to gauge the temperature. Only thermometers from original Meater wireless seemed to fit the bill perfectly by being completely wireless. So, we selected the three best meat thermometers from the innovative Meater wireless for review.
#1.MEATER Block – Best Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer for Oven Grill Kitchen BBQ Smoker Rotisserie with Bluetooth and WiFi Digital Connectivity
Meater Block is a WiFi and Bluetooth range enabled meat thermometer which you can operate efficiently with the Meater app (available on Google Play and App Store). You can connect your Meater app to your WiFi network, and the Meater Link and Meater Cloud help in extending the WiFi range with affiliate links.
- Extended Range: Bluetooth to WiFi range extension built-in up to 50 m (165 ft).
- Stand-Alone Mode: Allows you to operate your thermometer without the use of your smartphone using the OLED display and speakers.
- Four Dual Sensor Probes: Dual temperature sensors in each probe can monitor internal temperature up to 212°F (100°C) and ambient temperature /external temperature up to 527°F (275°C) simultaneously.
- Guided Cook System: Guides you through the entire cooking process.
- Advanced Estimator Algorithm: Provides you with estimated cooking time, which allows you to plan your meal and helps you to manage your time better and do other tasks.
- Remote Monitoring: You can monitor your food temperatures remotely and receive an alert on your smartphone once your food is ready!
Developed with state-of-the-art technology, Meater Block makes cooking easy and hassle-free. Meater is a wire-free meat thermometer – all the electronics are inside the Meater probe, so there is no need for any wires. It is made with stainless steel and heat resistant ceramic. You can monitor your food from anywhere – from your garden, from your sitting room, or even from your bathroom! With MEATER Cloud, you can connect to Amazon Alexa and track your cooking in real-time 24 hours a day.
You can cook steaks according to everyone’s preference at the same time with the help of its 4 wireless probes – you can choose doneness level as per everyone’s liking. The Meat app will tell you the estimated time your food will be ready. It also can accurately determine the resting temperature of your food and notify you when to take it off the heat. You can store and recharge up to 4 Meat probes.
- Wireless – no probe wires hanging all over
- Excellent WiFi range of up to 50 m
- Modern and practical design – sleekly designed stainless steel probes
- Outstanding App
- Rechargeable Battery
- Excellent Standalone Mode
- Set up is a bit complicated – we found it challenging to connect it to our WiFi router
#2. Meater Original – Best Real Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer for the Oven Grill Kitchen BBQ Rotisserie with Bluetooth and WiFi Digital Connectivity
Meater Original is the original meat accurate wireless thermometer, which allows you to monitor your cook using the FREE App available for iOS (10.3 and later) / Android (5.0 and later) smartphones and tablets.
- Bluetooth LE 4.0 wireless connection – range 10 m (33 ft).
- Meater 2 sensors, 1 Probe – Can monitor the internal temperature of up to 212°F (100°C) and ambient temperature sensor range: 527°F (275°C).
- Guided Cook System: Holds your hand through every step of the cooking process so that you achieve perfect and consistent results every time you use the Meater probe.
- Advanced Estimator Algorithm: It will tell you the estimated time your food will be ready so you can manage your time better.
- Connectivity Suite: Bluetooth feature allows you to monitor your cook from a phone or tablet.
- Magnetic Backing: Allows it to be attached to any metallic surface like stove, grill or refrigerator
Meater Original meater allows you to cook your food freely without getting caught in the web of wires. Its dual ambient temperature sensors measure both the internal food temperature and the temperature close to the food, providing +/- 1°F (+/- 0.5°C) of accuracy, which is essential for achieving perfect and consistent cooking results. The probe has a notch to show you how far it needs to be inserted. You need to add the inquiry into the thickest part of the steak to ensure proper cooking.
Once you insert the thermometer in the meat, the App guides you through the rest of the process. You can choose the kind of file, the cut, and the level of doneness you want from the list of choices and then follow the instructions. Meater can estimate your food’s finish time so that you know when to return to the kitchen or the grill. It can determine the resting temperature of your meal to prevent overcooking. An alert is sent to your phone when the flash is done.
- Modern, practical and wireless design
- Simple set up
- Water-resistant and easy to clean
- Rechargeable battery – LED indicator shows battery status
- Limited Bluetooth range – the 10 m range is only for the oven, rotisserie, or gas grill use, and the smoker range is only 3 m. This can be a deal-breaker for some people
- Connecting the Meater directly to a WiFi is a big headache
#3. MEATER 2 Unit Bundle – Best True Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer for the Oven Grill Kitchen BBQ Smoker Rotisserie with Bluetooth and WiFi Digital Connectivity
The most significant plus point of the Meater 2 Unit Bundle is that you save $9. This truly wireless Meater lets you monitor your steak every step of the way during the cooking process from an app on your phone.
- 100% Wireless meat thermometer: no need for wires because of the unique design of the MEATER – all the electronics are packed into the tip of the probe.
- Monitor your cook using the FREE app available – iPhone and iPad apps for iOS 10.3 and later and Android App for versions 5.0 and later.
- Measures both the internal meat temperature and the external ambient temperature.
- Stainless steel and ceramic construction.
- Water-resistant and easy to clean.
- Smoker/Kettle Grill range up to 3 m (10 ft) and gas grill & oven range of up to 10 m (33 ft).
- Connect through original Meater Cloud by using a second smart device and monitor your cook from anywhere you have internet.
The Guided Cook System walks you through the entire cooking process step-by-step – just insert the Meater probe into your steak, select the proper settings via the App on your phone, and spend time socializing with your guests. While the meat cooks, you carry the phone to any corner of our house – the App will remain in constant contact with the probe and the Meater device in your oven/grill and will alert you when the steak is done.
- Good value for money
- Modern, well thought out design
- Truly wireless
- Connects to Amazon Alexa
- The limited range is a problem – especially when you are cooking outdoors
- Inability to connect directly to WiFi is a big annoyance
Whether you’re preparing a meal for your family or hosting a party, always keeping an eye on the status of your meat can be tedious. There is every chance that in between doing a thousand other things, your steak may get ruined either by overcooking or undercooking. Overcooked meat will take the joy out of eating, and undercooked meat may pose health risks. This is where a digital thermometer comes in handy. This instrument ensures that every time you cook a steak, you get consistent results 24 hours.
Benefits of a wireless meat thermometer
A good thermometer takes the uncertainty out of cooking and makes cooking hassle-free. Meat thermometers help you keep an eye on your meat even when you are away from the kitchen or the grill. The two probe sensors can read the internal temperature of your flesh and the external temperature. It’s Alexa compatible, so you can sync it with your smartphone or tablet and get instant alerts.
Features to consider when choosing a meat thermometer
The key features to look for when buying a meat thermometer are the accurate display of temperatures in hot and cold foods, wide temperature ranges, user-friendly interfaces, ease of setting up, and secure storage options. Meater offers you all these features and more.
Whether you decide to go for a WiFi or Bluetooth enabled thermometer will depend on what you want to do with it. If you regularly cook outdoors, say during camping, then a Bluetooth thermometer will be more suited to you. However, if you don’t venture out much and love to cook in the comforts of your kitchen or your backyard, then a WiFi-enabled thermometer probe will be a better option for you. The Meater probe comes with both Bluetooth and built-in WiFi options.
Accessories like storage cases, magnets, chargers are essential if not essential. Meater probe comes with a bamboo case, which also acts as the charging station, and magnetic backing makes attaching it to metallic surfaces easy.
Meater probe offers a limited warranty – for one year from the date of purchase. The examination also has a return for refund policy valid for 30 days from the date of purchase provided that returned product(s) for refund are unopened/unused and are accompanied by proof of purchase.
1. How accurate is the Meater thermometer?
Meater’s internal sensor is accurate to +/- 0.5°C. If you feel that you’re getting incorrect readings, check your probe placement. The internal sensor needs to be inserted into the thickest part of the steak to get accurate readings.
2. Can Meater go in the oven?
Yep! Meater can be used in an oven as well as in a grill or a smoker.
3. What is the best wireless thermometer and smoker thermometer?
Hands down, it has to be Meater Original, which has a range of up to 3 m.
4. What thermometer do Guga foods use?
One of the biggest challenges that any chef will face in the kitchen is knowing exactly when their steak is done correctly. Any kind of steak that is overcooked or undercooked is a recipe for disaster. A thermometer can do wonders for your cooking. If you want perfectly cooked, juiciest, and tastiest meats, having a thermometer is a must.
Choosing the best food thermometer, however, may not be as easy. Finding the best might prove to be daunting since most of the thermometers offer similar features and are hard to differentiate from each other. It’s therefore, essential to consider the key elements that will give you what you want in terms of convenience and effectiveness.
We therefore highly recommend Meater Block, Meater Original, and Meater 2 Unit Bundle to meet your cooking needs. Meater is designed by keeping in mind that everyone is not a trained chef, so anyone with any skill level can use this device and cook any cut of meat to perfection. The Meater app guides you every step of the way, and you’re always in total control of your cooking experience. We believe that this wireless thermometer feature-packed device can honestly give its wired competitors a run for their money.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.