As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have a passion for embroidery, then my friend, you have got the skills and expertise to revamp any piece of cloth into exquisite art of great utility. With the help of the best embroidery thread of the correct weight, you can bring any soft cloth or outfit back to life. To perform this resourceful and best skill, you would require the best embroidery thread to embed the best designs in any fabric.
Suppose you have a plain cloth, you can easily transform it into the most productive uses with the help of the best embroidery thread and selection of colors. You can easily make appealing designs on pillow covers, cushions, curtains, handkerchiefs, scarfs, and many more things. All you will need for this is some embroidery thread of the correct weight and vibrant colors along with an embroidery machine. The practical significance of embroidery has always been underrated.
You could easily embed the best and alluring embroidery into any real piece of fabric to transform it into a gorgeous outfit by judicious selection of colors. If you have a simple piece of cloth, you can embed desirable embroidery using embroidery thread of different vibrant colors with the help of an embroidery machine. The best thing about this creative activity is that you can perform this at home on the machine with the utmost ease and convenience. All you need is the thread for embroidery machines to get the best results through a wide variety and selection of colors and weight.
You can use a line of 550 yards and 40 value for your project. If we talk about the benefits, we can easily conclude that it is a worthy investment to go for embroidery machines and the best embroidery thread of high quality and appropriate weight. The line is very beneficial for making fabulous yet classy designs on fabrics. You can even make this artistic technique a part of your profession or a creative hobby. Embroidery is a decorative and communicative technique through which you can unravel the artist within by creating the best embroidery.
Top 8 Embroidery Threads Review
All the information you need to make the best choice has been included in this review. We had gone through an in-depth analysis of the thread features, worthiness, and application of each of the 8 embroidery threads. We have provided a detailed overview for you along with an effective buying guide that explores the key features, weight, efficiency, and utility of the best embroidery thread based on their ease to use, machine embroidery, value, affordability, and sustainability. Our review will help you out in the best possible manner to get a fair idea of threads for embroidery machine use. We provide you with the best reliable answers to all your queries through the FAQ section.
#1. Best value for money: Simthread 63 Brother Colors Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread Kit
This product by Simthread comes with 63 Brother colors available that are ideal for the use of polyester embroidery machine thread. Coming from one of the renowned and premium brands of thread, this embroidery thread kit is suitable to use with polyester embroidery machines.
Along with 63 Brother vibrant colors, this product consists of a color chart and a conversion chart to enhance your embroidery projects. It’s a terrific value product. Each spool is 550 yards and wrapped individually along with a standardized polyester embroidery machine thread of 40 weight. This kit is an ideal choice for beginners as well as professionals.
- The polyester embroidery machine thread by Simthread is made of 100% authentic Trilobal Polyester Yarn.
- This 2nd generation embroidery technology is explicitly made to provide higher tenacity.
- Vivid colors, along with enhanced sheen.
- In the case of a polyester thread, color vividness and strength play a pivotal role in performing polyester embroidery.
- The embroidery thread by Simthread 63 Brother has been designed exclusively to withstand bleaching, rubbing, washing, and perspiration.
- High-resistance capacity to restore the original color of thread.
- The polyester thread that comes with this kit is a good weight and designed to resist breakage.
- A thread net is included in this kit along with a thread spool.
- A considerable kit of embroidery thread of high-quality for your machine embroidery.
- Great value product.
- Experience the best machine embroidery with 550 yards of embroidery thread per spool.
- Enhanced sustainability
- Versatile utility
- Quality output
- Finishing and precision
- Diverse color options
- Resistant against breakage and fading
- Lack of elasticity
- The flexibility is not up to the mark
#2. Best for crafts: Premium Rainbow Color Embroidery Floss
This embroidery thread kit contains 105 skeins of cotton embroidery threads. Each cotton thread is made up of high-quality embroidery floss that makes it suitable for crafters as well as anyone who loves to make friendship bracelets using thread because it is easy to use.
The pack comprises 35 vibrant colors of thread with a color chart that makes it easy to use. The floss comes in 6 strings, each 8.5 yards long. The embroidery thread is extremely suitable for accomplishing tasks such as making tassels, friendship bracelets, string art, cross-stitching, dream-catchers, plastic canvas, handmade gifts, decorations, sewing, and DIY art projects.
- Apart from adults, even children can utilize these threads.
- The thread is easy to use and a good weight.
- You get 10 sturdy needles along with 1 threader.
- A storage case that is easy to use on the machine.
- An ideal choice for both crafters and beginners who are trying their hand at machine embroidery.
- This thread kit will become your trusty companion.
- Excellent value product with beneficial features
- Suitable for a diverse range of products
- Sustainable and durable
- Quality assurance
- Enhanced output
- Opportunities to add creativity in each project
- Vivid and eye-catching colors
- Pocket-friendly option
- Breakage resistance is not up to the mark
- Color can fade with chemical applications
#3. Best damage-resistant: New Brothread Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread Kit
This polyester thread kit contains 80 spools with each spool of 550 yards.
There are 78 threads in this kit that match the quality and standard of the threads that come in Janome or RA colors.
This polyester thread is high-quality and comes in a variety of colors to brighten, enhance, and beautify all kinds of embroidery tasks.
Each spool is 550 yards of 40 weight thread that makes this polyester embroidery machine thread suitable for all types of projects. The embroidery thread in this kit is designed to maintain the colors for more extended periods of time without any fading.
- The polyester thread can withstand activities such as laundering, bleaching, and application of chemicals.
- This polyester thread has a high capacity to retain the original colors of thread.
- The embroidery threads possess high-tensile strength that results in reduced risk of breakage.
- No fraying of threads while using on embroidery machines.
- Each machine embroidery thread comes with greater elasticity.
- It helps in preventing the embroidery thread from looping and puckering.
- Embroidery machine thread in the best-assorted colors.
- Quality assurance and sustainability.
- Pocket-friendly option.
- More color options
- Damage resistant
- Suitable for beginners
- Enables the user to add more creativity
- Ideal dimensions for convenient use
- Works for a variety of projects
- Poor water resistance
- Limited strength capacity
#4. Best versatile: Embroidery Floss Egyptian Long-Staple Cotton Cross Stitch Threads
This kit has been curated specially for the purpose of crafting and designing friendship bracelets, mercerized gifts, cross-stitch, children’s art and crafts, string art, tassels, DIY art projects, and many more.
There are a total of 240 skeins (120 colors x 2 skeins) of cotton thread along with high-quality embroidery floss in a variety of colors to bring out the beauty of every embroidery project.
- The kit is an optimum choice for skilled crafters
- It comes in a variety of colors.
- Rainbow colored embroidery threads are best utilized for giving shape to charming and vibrant art pieces
- An embroidery machine thread that is useful for a variety of colors and projects
- This product is worth-a-try for beginners
- Affordable option
- 240 skeins of premium quality
- Adds beauty to each project
- Increases versatility
- Easy application
- Useful features
- Superior quality material
- Lack of protection from chemical damages
- The color might fade away with time
#5. Best for newbies: 40 Spools Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread
If you are looking for a product that consists of exquisite and assorted colors to enhance your embroidery projects, then nothing is better than this kit. This product contains a set of 40 spools of beautiful exotic colors.
The 40 spools in this kit are highly-versatile for diverse kinds of projects, such as quilting, digitizing, applique, and construction of clothing. The spool rack is not included in the kit.
- High-strength capacity to meet all your requirements
- Each of the 40 spools in this kit is 40 weight thread
- The thread has high tensile strength that prevents the thread from breaking
- The elasticity of the embroidery machine thread is up to the mark
- Reduced chances of puckering and looping of thread while working on machine embroidery
- Comes with quality assurance and a guarantee of faultless items
- Long-lasting color
- Durable for prolonged periods
- Quality assured performance
- Suitable for beginners as well as professionals
- Enhanced elasticity
- Rich and exquisite colors
- Limited color options
- Poor water-resistance
6. Best flexible: Caydo Embroidery Floss Embroidery Thread
This embroidery thread kit contains all the essential threads. There are 50 threads of assorted bright colors that are sufficient to work on any machine embroidery. A wide variety of cross-stitch floss is included in this kit, which can be best utilized for making tassels, handcrafts, friendship bracelets, and cross stitch projects while working on the machine.
The threads are lightweight and made of soft and smooth, flexible polyester material. They are durable embroidery thread options and reduce breakage and floss pilling of threads while working on machine embroidery.
- Each floss has a length of 7.5 yards
- Each skein of embroidery floss comprises 6 threads that come in regular packaging
- This product includes 12 bobbins of thread that are beneficial for every crafter
- A wide variety of cross-stitch floss is included in this kit for making tassels, crafts, friendship bracelets, cross stitch projects, and many more things.
- If you have a strong passion for making DIY artistic gifts, then this product will be advantageous for you
- Pocket-friendly prices
- Useful for diverse artistical projects
- Adds more creativity
- Beautifies the design
- Highly versatile
- Supreme quality material
- Sustainable in the long run
- Eye-popping color
- Lack of elasticity
- Does not guarantee optimum protection from color fading
#7. Best sheen color: Simthread Brother Embroidery Machine Thread Kit
The threads that come with this product are designed exclusively for Janome, Singer, Husqvarna, and Bernina machine embroidery. There are 40 spools of polyester thread known as Trilobal Polyester Yarn, which is high quality.
These threads are inspired by the 2nd generation embroidery threads that make the textile more alluring and eye-catching by providing higher sheen with vivid colors.
- The embroidery threads are capable of withstanding chemical applications on clothes during washing
- You can use this embroidery thread for making exquisite embroidery
- Suitable for home and commercial machine embroidery
- Simthread Brother embroidery machine products go through a rigorous testing process
- This product has passed several quality checks and reflects perfection in every aspect
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- High-resistance to chemical applications
- Durable in the long run
- Premium quality material
- Value for money
- Useful for beginners and professional crafters
- Enhanced sheen
- Exquisite colors
- Limited color options
- Lacks elasticity
#8. Best utility: 238 Pack Embroidery Thread Floss Set
This product comes along with a 4-tier transparent box for storing threads. There are over 200 colors of cotton threads made from polyester that are very soft, lightweight, smooth, bright and do not fade with time. Each floss is 8.7 yards, adequate for friendship bracelets and other types of craft projects.
There are 38 cross-stitch threads and other essential add-on accessories in an easy-to-carry storage box. The craft floss in this kit is ideal for crewel and embroidery, needlepoint, quilting, hand and machine appliques, cross-stitch, and DIY crafts.
- Each floss is of 8.7 yards, adequate for friendship bracelets and other types of craft projects.
- This package contains 30 needles
- 200 colors of embroidery floss
- 4 cross-stitching tools
- 2 metal sewing thimbles, 1 untwist tool, and scissors.
- This product comes with a warranty of 24 months and a money-back guarantee within 48 days of purchase.
- Increased color options
- Enhanced versatility
- Beautification of each project
- Useful complementary accessories
- Handy storage box
- Color does not fade
- Comes with a quality assurance
- Material is less flexible.
- Does not protect from water-damage
If you have an undivided love and passion for embroidery based crafts, then it is necessary to purchase the best embroidery bobbin thread kit to accomplish all your embroidery projects flawlessly and effortlessly. Using an appropriate embroidery thread, you can surely increase and enhance the beauty and charm of your artistic projects. You can easily use your skills with the help of machine embroidery, and the best possible solution is to start practicing your expertise on an embroidery machine rather than by hand. With the help of this useful expertise, you can easily give shape to your imaginative designs.
There is a vast availability of assorted and feature-rich embroidery thread that comes in eye-popping colors and are specially curated and designed to meet the requirements and standards of beginners as well as professionals. If you want to gain expertise in embroidery art, then you should use an embroidery machine along with a machine embroidery thread kit for application and showcasing of best machine embroidery skills. However, before purchasing thread, consider the key-features and utility that would be most appropriate for you as a craftsperson. There has been an evolution in the superior and premium quality thread that is durable for long-run use and has high-resistance to withstand chemical appliques. To make the right choice, have a look at these factors.
- Use: When you decide to purchase a kit, go through the factors, such as the needs and utility of the product. If you are a newbie to embroidery then a basic kit would be sufficient, and if you are a professional craftsperson, then choose an advanced kit. Consider and analyze your needs and preferences regarding the product as it will help in making the right choice of product to use. Identify the use of the work so you can choose the product that is suitable for your criteria.
- Affordability: The pivotal factor that is associated with every purchase is the price. Compare the components of the product along with its value. Do not invest a hefty amount of money in embroidery kits unless you are familiar with this art. There are many pocket-friendly kits available on the market that comprises all the essential accessories you require for polyester embroidery. Set up a specific budget for your purchase and explore the options accordingly. It will help in purchasing as per your budget and requirements.
- Colors: Threads that come in attractive and elegant colors are sure to spellbind people. Go for kits that come with full-color options as it enables you to put more creativity and beautification in all your embroidery projects. Give more preference to vibrant and lively colors instead of dull and dark colors. Even as a beginner, it is advised to opt for kits that come with colorful polyester and metallic threads. If you want to work on something innovative, then try out a metallic thread kit for making unique and eye-grabbing crafts. There is a diverse range of colors that help you in adding more enhancements to your projects without any hassles.
- Components: If you have decided to invest your hard-earned money in a kit, then you’ll want the maximum number of artistic accessories and craft appliques in a kit. The more the components will be there, the more creativity you can put in your craftwork. You must look for premium bobbin thread along with 40 spools while making your purchase. Make a detailed analysis of the utility and effectiveness of the components and decide accordingly. It would make it easy for you to conclude which type of features you need to keep and which one to discard. Make your purchase decisions based on that and give preference to bobbin thread.
- Quality: This is the most crucial factor we would emphasize when buying thread. Go for the quality of a thread, not quantity. It is a general tendency among most people that we do not always look for the quality; instead, we always get attracted by the amount that we get, irrespective of the brand and status. If you purchase the high-quality thread kit, there are more chances of more extended durability of the bobbin thread, and it will also provide an excellent finish to your work. The sustainability and finishing depend entirely upon the quality of the thread that we invest our money in. And for this, you should opt for a bobbin thread of high quality and great value.
- Brand: An essential factor that we cannot compromise upon is brand assurance. If you purchase a bobbin thread or a metallic thread from a trusted and reliable thread brand, you will notice the difference in the application, quality, looks, and durability of the thread. The leading and renowned thread brands provide a warranty and money-back guarantee, too, in case the thread purchased turns out to be defective or damaged.
- Sustainability: There are two features that you should always look for in a thread such as improved elasticity and tensile strength that prevent the thread from breakage and other visible damage to ensure durability. If the thread can withstand the chemical wear during the time of washing and laundry, then there are very few chances of the thread losing its original color. The higher the retention power of the thread, the more durability it brings to your projects.
- Compatibility: At the time of purchasing a thread kit, always check the compatibility of the thread with embroidery machines. Some thread options are compatible only with basic embroidery machines whereas some might only work on advanced ones. Choose the thread kit that comes with higher compatibility. Many types of thread kits are compatible with almost all kinds of embroidery machines that would increase the options for the application of hand embroidery.
- Material: The material of a thread plays an essential role in determining the quality of the thread. For ensuring optimum sustainability and color retention, you can opt for a polyester thread or metallic thread and use it. If you want to practice hand embroidery with finishing and accurate precision, then choose the ideal material.
- Length and weight: The length and weight of the thread play a very important role. Choose 40 weight thread along with a length of 550 yards. With the ideal dimensions, you will get the desired finishing and precision in your projects. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to select the thread based on the best weight and length, such as 40 weight to 50 wt with a distance of 550 yards for ease of use.
- Warranty and money-back guarantee: Purchase thread kits that come with a contract along with a money-back guarantee. You don’t want to end up with 550 yards of premium 40 weight thread that’s no good to use. In case the product turns out to be defective or damaged, you can easily get either a replacement for the same or a refund.
1. What is the best thread to use for embroidery?
The best thread to use for embroidery is the polyester one. Embroidery thread that is made from polyester material and of the correct weight will provide you the desired results, all thanks to its superior quality along with optimum strength to resist damage. The polyester material threads have the rate to retain their color for prolonged periods.
2. What is the difference between embroidery thread and regular thread?
The critical difference between embroidery and a machine thread is the ply, material, and finish. Most embroidery threads are 2-ply unlike machine or regular thread that is 3-ply, so there’s a difference in weight. Apart from this embroidery threads are twisted from two strands of fibers. Each of these two threads is used for different purposes, respectively.
3. Which is better polyester or rayon embroidery thread?
In terms of draping, rayon is considered to be better than polyester. Rayon is best known for its pliability, softness, and flexibility, and it can be stitched out in any direction and will lie flat in the most intricate designs. Rayon is comparatively less abrasive than polyester, and rayon feels softer against the hand and works gently on your embroidery machine too, although polyester is stronger and more durable than rayon in use.
4. Can you use all-purpose threads for machine embroidery?
Yes. You can use an all-purpose or a regular cotton thread for performing embroidery on a sewing machine. If you use a standard machine embroidery thread, you will have to use a slower stitching speed in order to reduce the abrasion and to match the size of the needle with the weight of the cotton thread.
5. What is embroidery floss?
Embroidery floss or stranded cotton is a 6-strand machine embroidery thread that is slightly glossy in finish and is twisted loosely. It is usually made of cotton, but it is also manufactured in a diverse range of luxury fabrics such as rayon, linen, and silk. Cotton floss is a standardized threat, and its primary use is for cross-stitches.
6. How to sew with embroidery thread?
You can use a machine embroidery thread to sew. The embroidery thread can be utilized for making decorative designs on the fabric, and it is a technical work best performed using an embroidery machine rather than by hand.
7. How much machine embroidery thread do I need?
If you are working on a project consisting of 4-6 inches approximately, then you will probably use a minimum of 2 skeins of a different color each to accomplish the task. The more embroidery you design on the fabric, the more thread you will use.
The selection of premium quality embroidery threads is undoubtedly a tricky task as you need to look at and analyze the diverse influential factors that are related to it. There is an assorted collection of embroidery thread kits on the market that offer high-utility features and superior quality at pocket-friendly prices.
However, if you are a newbie in the field of embroidery based art, there is no use to go for advanced and expensive machine embroidery thread kits as it will be difficult for you to utilize them productively. If you go for the embroidery thread kits with innovative features and higher durability, it will be straightforward for you to make decorative and innovative designs.
We recommend embroidery thread kits that are suitable for users at basic as well as a professional level such as the Simthread 63 Brother Colors Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread Kit, Premium Rainbow Color Embroidery Floss, New Brothread Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread Kit, Embroidery Floss Egyptian Long-Staple Cotton Cross Stitch Threads, 40 Spools Polyester Embroidery Machine Thread, Caydo Embroidery Floss Embroidery Thread, Simthread Brother Embroidery Machine Thread Kit, and 238 Pack Embroidery Thread Floss Set.
These products have been highly recommended for their excellent quality, durability, color-retention power, and premium features that are explicitly designed to provide the user with desired results. Apart from all these, embroidery kits come at pocket-friendly prices and come with a guarantee to ensure durability and sustainability in the long run. If you want to experience the best machine embroidery, then the products mentioned above are worth purchasing.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.